Friday, November 14, 2008

Bye Bye to TV Ads?

Are TV ads no longer on retailers' lists? According to Ad Age that's true for some. Well, this is news to me, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Of course, anything that decreases opportunities for voice over talent and on camera talent is not good news. However, maybe more opportunities will appear for commercials that are run exclusively in movie theaters? As a consumer, I'm not sure I enjoy paying good money to go to the movies and then being bombarded by retail ads. (I know, it's a double edged sword, isn't it?)

This is an interesting slant. I have noticed ads in movie theaters for a long time now, but usually they're budget ads for local businesses. Now, national companies are advertising there, too. Hopefully, this will just be an additional area where voice talent and actors will find opportunities to work.

No comments:

Pages