Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Voice Over Coaching

While I am not currently coaching voice over (never say never!), I do hear from many prospective voice over performers who want information about how to get into voice over.  I always direct them to the How To Pages on my web site.  In those pages, I have tried to give a thorough, general overview of the voice over business, what you need to know, and what you need to do.   You can scroll down to the bottom of that page for links to specific information on my site such as:
In addition to this information, there are blog posts numbered 1-10 scattered throughout my blog that discuss these items, including a discussion of why it's important to work with a voice over coach.

Today, I was asked  how one should go about finding a good coach.  Word of mouth and referrals from working voice over talent are the best means of locating those coaches who can truly give you what you need to succeed. Then, you need to talk with the coaches, which may require paying for an evaluation session in order to determine where you are, your potential, whether personality types mesh, and to see what kind of a feeling you get for how this coach works and how they plan to help you reach your goals. This is an important investment in your career and not something to be taken lightly. 

Some top notch voice over coaches that I have experience with are:  Nancy Wolfson, James Alburger & Penny AbshireMarc CashmanRodney SaulsberryJim Conlan, and Edge Studio.  All of these coaches work in person or remotely, if you do not live in their locale.

Explore their web sites, get in touch with them, and find out who seems to be the best fit for you.  And who knows, one of these days, I just may add my name to this list!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Now a days, voice over jobs are in high demand as most of the people want to do work in media world. You have shared a valuable information regarding Voice Over Coaching. This details is very useful for all those people who wants to get into Voice Over.

audio productions

Voice Over Studio said...

Thanks, garc! I'm glad you found the post helpful.:)

Unknown said...

Really it is a nice blog, You have given good contribution of Voice Over service And Translator Services.I really appreciate your whole article because I am also provides voice over services in India . So this all information are very useful for me.Thank you !Multimedia and Voice over Service

Unknown said...

It's really true that word of mouth and referrals from working voice over talents are the best convincing factors for any professional voice over services and they directly help in getting more business by building a good reputation among the people as well as in the industry.

Unknown said...

This is great information about voice acting. I really like the tips on how to find a good coach. I agree that hiring a voice over coach is an important investment. My friend does voice acting and I think she would love to read this article and get some advice. I will have to show this to her.

http://www.comm-pro.ca/products_and_services.html

Unknown said...

Your post is really good providing good information.. I liked it and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important posts.
professional voice overs

Bryan Pit said...

Your blog is really effective. I really that how can find better voice coaching and all the point that you have shared in regard of voice coaching are worth it.

Know more

Pages