Wednesday, May 2, 2012

PBS Series Narration: A Nuclear Family

It's been an incredibly busy start to 2012!  I apologize for not blogging in months (!) and I promise to really make an effort to keep up on a more regular basis.  One of the voice over projects that I found most interesting over the past few months was a documentary series I narrated for PBS titled "A Nuclear Family".  This series chronicles the beginnings and transformation of Y-12 National Security Complex at Oak Ridge, Tennessee from World War II until today.  After airing on PBS, the episodes reside on the Y-12 website in their video library.   This is the promo for the 4th episode:

I found this documentary narration assignment particularly interesting because my grandfather helped to build the complex. He left his home in Kansas to temporarily live in the area and work on the facility.  He was a steamfitter and, as everyone else working on and in the facility, he had no idea what he was working on until after it was finished.  Narrating an important part of history that a family member shared in was particularly interesting and poignant for me.  If you are at all interested in the era and the events of that time, I encourage you to visit the website and watch those particular videos.

I've also recently launched the newest version of my website, including a brand new mobile version, as well as a new look for this blog!  To me, the updates were long overdue, and I'm very happy with the results! Kudos to my talented son, Josh Petryk, for his creativity and especially his technical expertise!  Watch for a link to his new website coming soon!  In the meantime, if you are in need of a mobile version of your site or a complete new website, just let me know, and I'll put you in touch with him.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you're thinking of working as an audiobook narrator, these are all considerations as you approach the craft and the business of audiobook narration. All the best to you!

acting

Unknown said...

Thanks for your awesome and great sharing.
commercial voice overs

Pages